August Dread


It’s Sunday August 1, 2021, and I am reminded of how much I have always dreaded this month, and Sundays.
 Both have always induced in me a sense of anxiety—Sundays, for the work week ahead, and August for the heat of summer and the anticipation of a new school year (once an academic, always an academic).  As I sit here on my back patio and write this, however, the temperature is mild, there’s a cool breeze, I’ve had a lovely day, and am looking forward to a relaxing evening.  I’m ready for tomorrow and I’m ready for August.  I’ve got this.  I’m making a conscious effort to reframe my thinking and tap in to the positive vibes I get from those incessant Instagram memes: 

“The only thing making you unhappy are your own thoughts. Change them.”

 

“Never let your fear decide your future.”

 

“When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening.  That’s where your power is.”

 

“The problem isn’t the problem. Your reaction is the problem.”

 

“Do not learn how to react.  Learn how to respond.”

 

You get the idea…  And one final thought/meme that keeps me going and puts things into the proper perspective, including August and Sunday dread:






Comments