HRT



So far, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) has gone very well, as evidenced by the graph above.  Testosterone level is down and estrogen level is up.  The first three months were slow, but after my doctor increased by doses of both estradiol and spironolactone (a testosterone blocker) in mid-May, things picked up and now the estrogen is dominating (yay!).  My doctor also just added in progesterone, which is thought to help with breast development and may have a calming effect. He did this mainly because I told him I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety lately, which has also been impacting my sleep.  I'm about three days in with the progestin, and I actually have noticed an improvement in my sleep.  

Since we're talking numbers here, I'll also mention that, unlike some trans women, I haven't gained any weight since starting the HRT.  In fact, since February I've actually lost over 25 lbs, but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with the hormones and everything to do with a very conscience effort on my part to feminize my body as much as possible.  I'm pretty happy with the results and, for the most part, like the way my new clothes are fitting me.  The bottom line is I'm healthy and feeling good, and that definitely constitutes progress, even though it can't necessarily be quantified.  Even I know there's not a graph for everything. 

Comments