Self-Care

Of the things I most thoroughly enjoy about being a woman, my monthly (well, more like every three weeks) manicure/pedicure appointments top the list.  Little else makes me feel as rejuvenated as getting my nails done, and I never thought they could ever look so good and so feminine!  Today, Eric came with me and picked out my colors.  Behold, the results of this morning's session...

Sure, it's an added monthly expense, but so well-worth it!  This is self-care at its finest.  I usually try to get in as early as possible on Saturdays, because there tend to be few other people there at that time, so it's quiet and relaxing, and it's a great way to kick off a weekend.  It took me awhile to find the right salon, but the one I've been going to recently (the last three months or so), called Images Luxury Nail Lounge at the Exchange Center in Long Beach, is working out very well so far.  I always have Travis do my manicure, because he's really good and nows just what to recommend for me and my horribly thin and brittle nails.  

Aside from looking good and finishing a look, having my nails polished and impeccably groomed makes me feel more confident and better about myself.  And I love clicking them against hard surfaces, even though it drives Eric crazy.  And pedicures are just divine, aren't they ladies?  They completely transform one of the less attractive parts of the body into things of beauty and make you want to wear cute sandals-- which is really essential in Southern California.  I'm already looking forward to my next appointment and thinking about what colors to choose for the upcoming fall season.


Comments