Vision

One of my new acquaintances on Instagram, Wendy Cole (@wcole), who also hosts a Facebook group called “Transition Talk with Wendy and Jim,” as well as a personal website, recently posted her Transition Vision, to “blend into everyday life as any other woman.”  She also communicated in this post that “Transition is largely between your ears!  The rest are details.  And the key to Transition is your vision and learning to confidently dispel doubts and fears with affirming images and actions.”  Brilliant.  I love this. 

I’ve written plenty of vision and mission statements in my professional life, but I never even considered the notion of doing this for myself, personally.  It makes so much sense though, especially for a type-A person like myself, embarking on such a huge, personal, life-altering journey like transitioning.  Thank you, Wendy, for the inspiration!  Here goes…

 

Vision: Live my authentic life as a woman with an open mind, generous heart, and calm spirit; let my inner glow shine through, illuminating my outward appearance and coloring my thoughts and feelings.  I will accomplish this by:

·      Embracing my fears and facing new challenges with courage and confidence;

·      Letting others in, to know the real me, but not caring so much what others think about me; 

·      Taking care of my body, as well as my physical, emotional, and mental health;

·      Reframing my thought process to focus on the positive aspects of and humor in every situation, even if it’s just the knowledge of something or someone to be avoided in the future;

·      Making smart and healthy decisions;

·      Being grateful that I even have the opportunity, the means, and the support to be my authentic self. 




Comments

  1. This is excellent and a sustainable vision for continued growth. Thank you. 🌷💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now just about one month into living this mission and vision, and I have to say I haven't done a great job of honoring it. I'm still getting in my own way at every turn, putting credence in the thoughts of others and therefore giving away my power or not letting my inner glow shine through, not focusing on the positive or humor in every situation, and not making enough smart/healthy decisions. Even in writing this comment, I'm focusing on the negative. I'd actually sat down at my computer to write a post about being grateful for what I have and celebrate how far I've come in the last six months, but then I started reading old posts and here I am putting myself down again. I'm glad I came back to this post, and I will vow to periodically from now own, because I do believe that's the best way to let a vision/mission live... you can't just write it down and forget about it. But, it doesn't just happen overnight, either. So, as a prelude to the post I'm about to write about being grateful, thankful, and celebratory, I will also afford myself a bit of grace for not doing a great job with my vision/mission over the last few weeks. I am making progress, a lot of it, and I will get there when I'm meant to (no sooner or later). In the meantime, I have to let myself enjoy the journey and afford myself a little grace from time to time when I veer off track.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment