Some Enchanted Evening

As a continuation of my “September 10, 2021” post, I’m delighted to report that the afternoon and evening festivities were a wonderful success.  Eric and I attended the Chapman University School of Pharmacy’s (CUSP) Annual White Coat Ceremony, which is how we indoctrinate our new PharmD students into the profession of pharmacy.  As an Associate Dean and Professor at CUSP, I had to sit on stage through the entire ceremony (about 90 minutes) in a huge auditorium, in front of hundreds of students and their family and friends.  Although I had a lot of anxiety leading up to the event, I was actually just fine for the duration, not only because I’m starting to feel more confident and comfortable in my own skin, but also because there were so many people there who made me feel welcome and safe: Kathy, Holly, Laura, Heidi, Reza M, Reza T, and Rocke, just to name a few.  

After the ceremony, Eric and I were invited to attend the “VIP Reception and Dinner.”  We had an absolutely fantastic time… met a few spouses of colleagues whom we’d not met before (Allison, Karen, and got to spend some much-needed social time with others.  It was the first time I’ve ever worn a dress in front of my colleagues, and I actually felt beautiful.  All in all, it was a most enchanted evening and we’re already looking forward to next year’s!  Below are some pics we took to mark the occasion…







Comments