2-2-22

January came and went, seemingly in the blink of an eye, and here we are in February, specifically 2/2/22. Yes, Groundhog Day, which is more or less meaningless here in Southern California, but more interestingly (for me at least) the alignment of the numbers of the date… the 2s.  I don’t know why, but things like this make me take pause and reflect.  I guess the last time all of the numbers in the date aligned was 12/12/12 and the next time they’ll do so (not including later this month on 2/22/22) will be in March of 2033.  My life was very, very different back on 12/12/12 than it is now and I wonder what it will be like on 3/3/33, God willing.  Hopefully I’ll be all that much closer to retirement and closer still to living my best life.

The past year, as I’ve reflected on in previous posts, was pivotal in my personal growth and journey toward my authentic self.  So much happened and I’m feel much more myself than ever before.  So far, this year has also been productive, especially with my gender affirmation surgery almost lined up for the spring.  I couldn’t be more excited about this and for what it’s going to mean for me and my journey: my life my physical and mental selves will be more closely aligned than ever before.  I’m not expecting the transformation to be “complete” after surgery, but I am expecting the mind-body alignment to have a significant impact on my spirit and sense of self.  And that is a big thing… huge, for me.  Until then, I continue to work on myself, both mind and body… eat well and move more; reflect more deeply and practice mindfulness; worry less, stress less.  

 

Alignment is a beautiful thing, and I guess that’s what’s on my mind on this date-aligned day…




Comments