Another Moment in Time

Following up on my original Moment in Time post, here’s another one, for Wednesday October 13, 2021 at 6:21 a.m.

It’s early, still dark, but I’ve been up for about an hour.  It wasn’t the dogs (for once!) that got me out of bed this morning, but more of a general state of restlessness.  I’ve been awake for hours, thinking about stuff that’s going on at work mostly.  This is something I really need to work on, and I’m hoping the chanting (see Chanting post) will help.  Right now, though, I’m enjoying a very quiet morning with my coffee, as of yet alone because Eric is still asleep in bed (which is lovely).  I actually really enjoy quiet mornings like this, because I get a lot of writing done (e.g., this post, my second of the morning).

 

I’ll be working from home today because I have post-surgery X-rays scheduled for 9:00 a.m., and my standing therapy appointment at 5:00 p.m.  So, I don’t need to rush to get ready for the commute to Irvine, though I’m thankful that I can drive myself again (post-surgery).

 

I’m currently reading (and writing about) Tina Turner’s “Happiness Becomes You: A Guide to Changing Your Life for Good.”  I’m still listening to Johnnyswims and Noah Ried.  

 

I’ve started on Jamie Lee Curtis’s podcast, Good Friend, which I listen to on my commute to and from work; it’s good but getting a bit redundant, so I will likely move on to something else soon.  

 

My current obsession on Instagram is @thejeffreymarsh, who is just incredibly wise and lovely and teaching me a lot about nonbinary (they/them/theirs) people, and just in general how to be a better human.  

 

I’m looking forward to the weekend, and Friday in particular, which I am taking as a vacation day because we have tickets to see the Immersive van Gogh exhibit at Lighthouse in LA.

 

Life is good and I am happy.

Comments